Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cookie Dough Truffles

Last week, my friend had a little get-together at her house with another friend of mine and their children.  I choose to bring the dessert, which I wanted to be fun and kid friendly.  I searched through my recipe stash, finding one I thought would be right up everyone's alley.  Since I kind of have a second guessing nature, I also sent out a post to the twitterverse asking for some confirmation on my choice.  My friend, Debbie, responded right away with the affirmative on my dessert selection, giving me all the ammunition I needed to head out to the store for the ingredients. 

These are really, really good and were a big hit with both the kids and adults at the party!  One of the great things about them is the cookie dough doesn't require eggs, so if you have fears of eating raw cookie dough you don't have to worry with these.  They are also super easy to make but be warned, they are a bit messy when dipping cookie dough balls in the chocolate.  Thankfully, I don't mind a little mess especially when it involves chocolate! 

Cookie Dough Truffles - recipe from The Sisters Cafe

Cookie Dough Ingredients:
1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup brown sugar
1  (3.5oz) box instant vanilla pudding
1/4 cup whole milk
1 tbsp vanilla
2 cups mini chocolate chips

Chocolate Coating Ingredients:
2 cups chocolate chips
2 tbsp shortening

Directions:
1.  Cream butter and brown sugar in a large bowl.  Add pudding and mix well.
2.  Add the milk and vanilla, stir well.  Add baking soda and flour, 1/2 cup at a time.  Mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips. 
3.  Form cookie dough into balls, about 1 inch in size. A tablespoon works great to make them somewhat uniform, and allow them to firm in the fridge on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 2 hours.
4.  Melt the chocolate chips and shortening on low heat in a small pot.  Dip the cookie dough into the chocolate, place back on the lined baking sheet and place in the fridge for another 15 minutes until chocolate hardens. 
5.  Store in the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment