Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Broccoli Cheddar Casserole

Happy Easter!  I just got back from a great Easter dinner at my Sister-in-law's house.  We had all sorts of great dishes to choose from.  There was ham, roast beef, roasted asparagus, potato casserole, jello salad, rolls, deviled eggs, peanut butter pie and my broccoli cheddar casserole.  I can't believe how stuffed I am after eating all the wonderful food we had this afternoon, although I must admit I am now contemplating what to have for dinner.  Rationally, I am sure I consummed more then the recommeded caloric intake for an adult female in that one meal, but often times my irrational self wins out and I'll probably hit some leftovers in another hour or so.  I'll just increase my workouts for the week.  It's a holiday, so it's all good!

Broccoli Cheddar Casserole - recipe adapted from Paula Deen

Ingredients:
20 oz frozen, chopped broccoli
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayo
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups crushed ritz crackers
2 tbsp butter, melted

Directions:
1.  Cook broccoli according to package directions.
2.  Combine broccoli, mayo, cream of mushroom soup and eggs in a large bowl.
3.  Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray, add broccoli mixture, top with ritz cracker crumbs and melted butter.  Bake at 350F for 35 minutes.  Serve!

***A little note about the photo: I wasn't able to get a photo of the inside of the casserole because I didn't want to cut into it before we went over to my Sister-in-law's.  Trust me it is full of lovely broccoli cheddar goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment