Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Almost Stroganoff

A couple of weeks ago, the weather forcast called for lots of snow and ice.  I am a big wimp when it comes to winter weather.  I would prefer to act like a bear and hibernate the winter away but unfortunately my job won't let me take off for three whole months in order to do this.  Trust me, I asked.  The very worst part of winter is the part where I have to get inside my car and drive 25 miles to my work through all the ice and snow.  As luck would have it, my parent's live only blocks away from my work so when I hear the weather guy forcast for snow, ice, wintery mix, what have you, I immediately begin to pack my overnight bag, abandon my husband and doggie's and run to my Mommy! 

This last storm, I stayed at my parent's house for two whole days and on one of those night's we made a new dish.  It was our version of an old recipe my Mom had for Beef Stroganoff.  We didn't have things like mushrooms, and we were not going to go out in the crappy weather to purchase something I don't even care for in the first place.  I just can't get past the fact that they are a fungus.  Fungus is a gross word, therefore mushrooms are gross.  It is completely logical to me. 

Almost Stroganoff

Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey, or ground beef
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
salt & pepper, to taste
10 oz Egg Noddles
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
Chicken Broth, enough to thin out sauce (about 1/3 cup)
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 cup shredded italian blend cheese
1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:
1.  Boil noodles according to package directions.
2.  Add olive oil and garlic to a medium sized skillet.  Cook until golden.  Add ground turkey, salt & pepper.  After turkey is browned, add soup and oregano.  Allow to simmer, adding broth until the sauce is your desired consistency.  Add cheese and sour cream, salt & pepper to taste.  Simmer until heated through. Serve on top of egg noodles.


Lily's hairdo. Justin Beiber watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment