Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pancetta Turkey Meatloaf

When I was a kid, I loved meatloaf.  It was one of the very few things my mom could get me to eat.  Somewhere between childhood and young adult hood my taste buds developed an aversion to meatloaf.  I couldn't stand it anymore.  I am still not a fan of your typical meatloaf, but this meatloaf, from Giada De Laurentiis, is not your typical meatloaf.  It is utterly delicious and even better, dare I say heavenly, in between two slices of bread slathered with mayo the next day. 

Pancetta Turkey Meatloaf - recipe adapted from Giadia De Laurentiis

Ingredients:
1 pound extra lean ground turkey
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbsp whole milk
1/2 cup shredded Kraft blend Parmesan, Romano and Asiago cheese
1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp black pepper
8 slices pancetta

Directions:
1.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Arrange pancetta slices, in a overlapping rectangular fashion on top of the parchment and set aside.
2.  Add ground turkey, bread crumbs, eggs, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, milk, cheese, salt and pepper into a large bowl.  Mix together with your hands and transfer to the middle of your pancetta arrangement on your baking dish. 
3.  Pat the mixture into a loaf shape and wrap it up with the parchement. 
4.  Bake at 375F for 45 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 165F.
5.  Allow to cool, slice and enjoy!  (Remember to save some for a sandwich the next day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment