Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Jackie's Southwestern White Chili

One of my husband's favorite dishes is one his Mom made for him growing up.  When I was first married, my mother-in-law, Jackie, gave me two recipes.  One was for Andy's favorite cake, Chocolate Oatmeal, and the second was for her White Chili.  The first thing I loved this recipe was it is SO easy to make.  It was a good thing too because I am all about the easy cooking, especially prior to my blog years, when dinner was either from a frozen meal or out of a box.  The original recipe used shredded chicken for the meat, but I had some ground turkey in my fridge so I went with that today.  I would recommend trying it both ways cause they really become two different meals depending on which meat you use. 

Jackie's Southwestern White Chili - recipe adapted from Jackie Stewart



Ingredients:
1 lb cooked turkey breast, or 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
1 (15 oz) can Great Northern white beans
1 (10 oz) can Rotel's
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 cup shredded chedder cheese/montery jack cheese, plus extra for topping
1/4 cup sour cream
Tortilla chips, if desired

Directions: 
1.  Add all ingredients, except cheese, to a large pot.  Simmer on medium heat until heated through.  Add cheese, simmer until cheese melts. 
2.  Serve with a sprinkling of cheese on top and tortilla chips on the side.

2 comments:

  1. We love this one at our house too! I am going to try it with the ground turkey as I am loving it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the first time I tried it with ground turkey and we really liked it. It is a lot more chili-like that way. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete