Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Recipe Hunting 101 - Souper Simple Spinach Tortellini Soup

I am all about recipes that require few ingredients and can be finished in under 10 minutes.  Who doesn't like that, right?  Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of fun cooking, but mostly that is on the weekend when I have plenty of time on my hands to get my hands dirty in the kitchen.  During the week, it is much harder for me to find the motivation to spend much time cooking meals for dinner unless I want to eat at 7 or 8 pm at night, so I usually stick to super simple meals and leave the more complex ones for a weekend treat. 

I found this easy soup recipe in my latest Prevention magazine.  I wasn't sure about it because it is crazy easy and there are very few ingredients to it, but I was pleasantly surprised just how satisying it was.  This will most definitely be added to my weekday dinner rotation from now on. 

Souper Simple Spinach Tortellini Soup - recipe modified from Prevention Magazine

Ingredients:
4 cups Chicken Broth
1/2 cup water
salt & pepper to taste
9 oz Cheese Tortellini, frozen
6 oz Baby Spinach
Parmesan Cheese, grated (for garnish)

Directions:
1.  Bring water and chicken broth to boil in a large saucepan.  Add salt and pepper to taste.
2.  Add tortellini and simmer for about 6 minutes, or until pasta is done.  Add spinach, allow to wilt for a minute and remove from heat. 
3. Serve and garnish with some grated parmesan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment