Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Recipe Hunting 101 - Peanut Butter Balls

I decided I would surprise my hubby this morning with one of his absolute favorite treats, Peanut Butter Balls.   His Mom would make these for him as a child and his love for them hasn't changed over the years.  I had never even heard of this treat before meeting him, but after trying them, I would have to say they are very good.  The recipe I used is from the Rice Krispies website. I figure, since I use Rice Krispies as one of the main ingredients, I might as well go directly to the experts!  These are really easy to make, although your hands will get kinda messy in the process of making these. I give you permission to go ahead and lick all the yumminess right on off, no one will tell!

Peanut Butter Balls - recipe from Rice Krispies website

Ingredients:
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp shortening

Directions:
1.  Mix the peanut butter, butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2.  Add the Rice Krispies, mix until well blended.
3.  Roll the mixture into little 1 inch balls, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and allow to set in the fridge for about a half hour.
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the chocolate chips and shortening on low heat, stirring constantly until melted. 
5.  Remove from heat and roll each ball in the chocolate until well covered and place back on the baking sheet.. Refrigerate until hardened and then place in a container, kept in the fridge. 


It seems as if it is a lazy kind of day at our household! 

2 comments: