Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

Recipe Hunting 101 - Pizza Pasta Bake

Today's recipe and blog post is short and sweet, well not literally sweet but you get the idea.  Since I started this blog this past January, I am really feeling so much more confident in the kitchen, so much so, that I am proud to say I actually made my very own creation for dinner tonight.  The recipe is elementary at best but still it turned out to be a very good, quick & easy dinner.  I think I actually had it completely finished in 30 minutes from start to finish and my husband went back for seconds, which is always a good sign!  While I am by no means ready to try out for Top Chef, or Iron Chef for that matter, tonight I really felt like I am on my way to becoming an accomplished cook in the kitchen.  Yeah me!!!

Pizza Pasta Bake

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
10 oz rotini pasta (or as I like to call it, corkscrew pasta)
1 1/2 (14oz) jars pizza sauce
2 cups shredded fiesta blend cheese
1 bag of mini pepperoni's or cut large pepperoni's into 1/4ths
***add any additional ingredients you love on your pizza (i.e. black olives, artichokes, mushrooms, onions, etc...)

Directions:
1.  Bring large pot to a boil, add pasta and cook until al dente.
2.  In a large sauce pan, brown the ground beef and drain.  Add the pizza sauce, pepperoni's and pasta.
3.  In a large baking dish (3-4qt), transfer pasta mix and top with the cheese. 
4.  Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment